Thanks for using FindMino!
Our mission is to help you discover and do what you actually care about. To do that, we show you things we think will be relevant, interesting and personal to you based on your onsite and offsite activity. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy via email@example.com.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use FindMino, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your email address and age.
If you link your Facebook, Apple or Google account or accounts from other third party services to FindMino, we also get information from those accounts. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use FindMino
Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use FindMino. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use FindMino, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you browse our site, visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate FindMino features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used FindMino, cookie data and device data.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may collect information about the device you’re using FindMino on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider
What we do with the info we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide our service to you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use FindMino, and process your transactions.
- Recommend jobs, college majors, topics or categories you might like based on your activity on FindMino. For example, if we see you’re into fashion design, we may suggest design-related items that we think you might like or show you fashion design-related ads.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the service we provide. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the service relevant, interesting and personal to you like we promised, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.
We also have a legitimate interest to improve FindMino, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Help your friends and contacts find you on FindMino, if you agree to this in your settings. For example (when this will be enabled), people can search for your account on FindMino using your email.
- Conduct analytics on who is using FindMino and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on FindMino, we can understand which version is better.
- Improve FindMino and offer new features.
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happens on FindMino) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings. For example, we send updates that include items you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings, unsubscribe, or informing us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with law enforcement and keep FindMino safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts. To find out more about how we respond to law enforcement requests, we developed Law Enforcement Guidelines that are available upon request at email@example.com
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
- Send you marketing materials by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
- Identify you across different browser sessions. This means if you log into FindMino from your phone (or any device), we’ll remember that you’re you and you won’t need to enter your login details each time you visit FindMino.
Your data will never be ‘sold’ to third party organizations:
Your data will never be offered, transferred or sold to third party organizations, such as marketing or advertising organizations, outside of the FindMino domain or legal structure, unless you explicitly agree in writing to such transfer, or we are legally required to transfer such data, in which case you will be timely notified.
Compliance with Google API Services User Data Policy
You may login to FindMino using your Google account. If this is the case, FindMino’s use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Transferring your information:
FindMino is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country.
For all transfers of your information from the EEA to the US, FindMino will be certified under Privacy Shield and follows its principles. Learn more about Privacy Shield and the principles.
Where we share information we receive under Privacy Shield with third parties, we’re responsible for making sure those third parties also comply with Privacy Shield, unless we can prove we’re not responsible for the damaging event.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, FindMino commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EEA individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. FindMino has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS Arbitration and Mediation Services, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit JAMS here for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. In certain circumstances, and if the dispute resolution process still doesn’t resolve the problem, EEA individuals may pursue binding arbitration through a process described here. FindMino is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Where we transfer information from the EEA to a country that doesn’t provide an adequate level of protection, we’ll only do so under appropriate safeguards to protect your information, like standard contractual clauses, or Privacy Shield certification.
Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a FindMino account, many of the choices you have on FindMino are built directly into FindMino or your settings. For example, you can:
- Edit information in your profile at any time.
- Link or unlink your FindMino account from other services (like Facebook, Google or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also decide whether or not to publish your FindMino activity to that service.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your comments and info from FindMino.
Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting.
In addition to the examples provided above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about in our policies.
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access FindMino. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, photos, advertising identifiers and other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when we share information:
Anyone can see the comments or ratings you create and the profile information you give us. We also make this public information available through what are called APIs (basically a technical way to share information quickly). Some of the ways we use your information require us to share information with third parties, so we can provide your FindMino experience, make sure our customization is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
- Other services (like Facebook, Apple or Google) when you decide to link your FindMino account to those services or publish your activity on FindMino to them. For example, you can choose to publish your comments or other personal information to Facebook or Twitter.
- Online advertisers and third party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes what items or ads you were shown on FindMino and whether or how you engaged with those items or ads, or other information about your activity on FindMino.
- Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or FindMino; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide FindMino to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
Our policy on children’s information:
Children under 13 are not allowed to use FindMino. If you are based in the EEA you may only use FindMino if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of FindMino has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using FindMino and you don’t want them to, please contact us through email@example.com.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, please contact us through email@example.com.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments on one of your comments. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easil;y unsubscribe at any time.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
How we make changes to this policy:
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use FindMino after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
The best way to get in touch is by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you live in the United States, Likemymind America, Inc. is responsible for your information. You can contact Likemymind America Inc. at email@example.com.
If you live outside the United States, the data controller you should contact is Likemymind Netherlands B.V., a Dutch company with its registered office at Aerdenhout, The Netherlands. You can contact Likemymind Netherlands B.V. also at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer through email@example.com.
Last adjusted Nov 23, 2020